Thursday, August 26, 2010

Getting "IT" together

This is quite an experience and I am happy to be documenting it here ~ the process of the "beginning stages" of taking the leap and selling my jewelry. Trying to overcome many obstacles, most of them put in the way by yours truly! ;) I don't know if other jewelry designers experience these same fears - lack of confidence about opening up and showing (+ trying to sell) what comes from our hearts  - to be loved or (gasp!) rejected. I do struggle with it. It's a very personal, emotional craft for me. I *may* have the opportunity soon to sell my jewelry at this very cute, hip little local salon. The owner liked the few pieces that I brought in, and has no preconceived ideas about my display at all, only saying that it should reflect my style. That almost stopped me in my tracks as jewelry displays online tend to be so very basic and boring...functional...but boring. I found something amazing on Etsy for a display. Ordered it today. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. OMG honey this is so beautiful! I can't wait to see your designs hanging from this tree!

    Have no fears, once you get your stuff out there for those to see, they will love it as much as I do..

    Of course, you could give your mother a discount!

    Love your blog!!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mamasita. I think it's funny that my first comment is from my Mother. But you know, you had that gun to your head and all...lol! Thank you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this display! Can't wait to see your designs on it.
    Have fun with your art , The world needs more art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I couldn't agree more, Lara! :)

    ReplyDelete